Undara Volcanic National Park, Savannah Way , Mount Surprise QLD 4871
Undara Experience offers the complete holiday adventure for guests. Stay at the remarkably picturesque Undara Lava Lodge, the perfect base from which to discover one of Tropical North Queensland's most breathtaking natural miracles - the Undara Lava Tubes.
The Undara Lava Lodge is a unique concept capturing old world charm, and representing recycling at its very best. Accommodation comprises restored, turn of the century rail carriages. Each compartment has been converted into sleeping accommodation, while retaining all the original old fixtures and fittings. Spend the day relaxing by the pool, then when the sun goes down, enjoy campside fun such as nocturnal bush poetry recitals, spotlighting for wildlife or informative slide shows.
- Bar on Premises
- Advanced Eco Accredited
- Low Rise (2 Floors or Less)
- Restaurant - On Premises
7:00am - 7:00pm.
Check In/Out Info:
Please refer to travel documentation regarding access out of reception hours.
Number Of Rooms:
Number Of Floors:
Distance To Nearest Airport:
Undara Airstrip - 2km.
Credit Cards Accepted:
All major credit cards.
Note that a credit card may be requested upon check-in as a form of security deposit.
Disabled room(s) available on request.
Parking available on-site.
By road Undara is located 275 kilometres south west of Cairns, three and a half to four hours drive.
520 kilometres north west of Townsville, six hours drive. 130 kilometres east of Georgetown and 55 kilometres east of Mt Surprise.
Valid for 12OCT14-31MAR15:
- During the summer green season there are limited meals tours and accommodation.
- Bush Breakfast is not available during this time.
- Beakfast is available in the Fettlers Iron Pot restaurant between 7:00am-8:00am - bookings essential.
- Lunch is available between 12:00pm-1:00pm daily - bookings essential.
- Dinner is available between 5:00pm-6:00pm - bookings essential.
Dates and Passenger details