Outback Mail Run
Desert Cave Hotel - Coober Pedy
Mondays and Thursdays (excluding public holidays).
- Cover 600km by road whilst delivering mail to cattle stations and remote outposts.
- Hotel pick-up.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Food and beverages.
Coober Pedy hotels.
A$0 (2 Passengers)
A real Outback adventure over a triangle between Coober Pedy, Oodnadatta and William Creek visiting points of interest and delivering mailbags to cattle stations on the way. The route covers over 600 kms of colourful terrain passing historic ruins and monuments and part of the Overland Telegraph Line.
- See remote townships.
- Visit cattle station homesteads.
- Wild flora and fauna.
Valid for 01APR14-31MAR15:
Child: 0-11 years inclusive - free of charge when sharing with adults and using existing bedding.
Desert Cave Tour, Down and Dirty Opal Digging Tour, Sunset Ghosts and Stars Tour, 3 Day Taste of Opal, 4 Day Outback Colour:
Child: 0-5 years - not catered for.
Child: 6-14 years inclusive - child rates apply.
Outback Mail Run:
Child: 0-11 years - not catered for.
Child: 12-14 years inclusive - adult rates apply.
- Tour does not operate on any Public Holidays.
Tour Departure Point:
- Passengers must make their own way to the Underground Bookstore located on Post Office Hill Road, Coober Pedy (behind the Desert Cave Hotel).