Premier Class - Queenstown to Strahan (return)
West Coast Wilderness Rail - Queenstown
Daily except 25DEC and some Fridays, call to confirm.
Morning departure - All year. Tour time will be confirmed at time of booking.
Afternoon departure - Operates during daylight savings only, approximately DEC-FEB. Tour time will be confirmed at time of booking.
Approximately 5-6 hours.
- Dedicated guide/steward.
- Souvenir guide book.
- Morning departure: Queenstown to Strahan with lunch.
- Afternoon departure: Queenstown to Strahan with afternoon tea.
- Return transfer Strahan to Queenstown. Tour includes a one way train journey and a one way coach journey. The actual combination will be confirmed at time of booking.
- Lunch or afternoon tea.
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks, Tasmanian wines and beers.
- Cheese platter.
- Hotel transfers.
Queenstown Railway Station, Queenstown.
A$0 (2 Passengers)
Take a trip back in time to when men laboured through mud, rain and treacherous landscapes to forge a railway link between the mining town on Queenstown and the port of Strahan. Authentically recreated with its many timber trestle bridges and the unique ABT rack and pinion system for the steep grades, the West Coast Wilderness Railway crosses the wild King River and climbs through sheer sided rain forested gorges. Along the 35km journey the train stops at stations of the past - lower landing, Dubbil Barril, Rinadeena - where the train guides will bring to life the stories of these historic points on the railway. Carriages are designed with comfortable seating and extensive windows to capture the spectacular views, with Premier Class offering glassed-in rear doors with balcony. The journey operates with the rail journey in one direction and a return coach transfer in the other direction.
Valid for 01APR13-31MAR14:
Infant 0-3 years inclusive: free of charge if sitting on a paying parents lap. If a seat is required, child rate applies.
Child 4-14 years inclusive: child rate applies.
Infant 0-3 years inclusive: free of charge if sitting on a paying parents lap. If a seat is required, adult rate applies.
Child 4-14 years inclusive: adult rate applies.
Valid for 01APR13-31MAR14:
- Please re-confirm tour 24 hours prior to to departure on 1800 420 555.
Afternoon departure details:
- The Afternoon Service only operates from around November - March. Please confirm at time of booking if the afternoon service will be operating for the day you want to book.
Queenstown to Strahan (return):
- This is a return journey from Queenstown to Strahan. Tour includes a one way train journey and a one way coach journey. The actual combination will be confirmed at time of booking.