Rosedale Accommodation, Hotels, Tours & Information

Refine Search

To select multiple items, Ctrl-Click (or Cmd-Click on Mac)

Places nearby Rosedale


Set on the banks of the Latrobe River, the Princes Highway town of Rosedale began as a strategic staging post on the coach route between Port Albert and Sale and remains a convenient launching pad for trips to south Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the Strzelecki Ranges.

The town occupies part of the Holey Plain grazing run owned by the Curlewis brothers and takes its name from Rosedale Station which was opened up in the mid 1840s by David Parry-Okeden and his wife Rosalie who bequeathed her name to the village.

It is a pleasant town with its share of historic buildings including the Mechanics Institute (1863) and St Mark's Church (1874). Nambrok, a brick mansion set on the crest of a hill a few kilometres to the east of Rosedale, was built for pastoralist John King, a grandson of the third Governor of NSW.

Rosedale is at the centre of a shire which embraces Ninety Mile Beach and Holey Plains State Park.

Rosedale Map

Rosedale Map - Legend
Multiple Hotels
Click on the map markers for more information. Hover over the map to zoom in & out or see satellite & terrain views.